Boat Blues

mistered

Jurisdiction
Indiana
This Febuary we sighned a purchase agreement with a boat dealer,for a used boat,total price 6800,we left a 500 dollar deposit.The purchase agreement did not specify a delivery date,which is my fault for not putting this in the agreement.We where assured that when the weather breaks,and is warmer,we would do a sea trial of the boat,and pay the remaining balance,again I overlooked putting sea trial clause in the contract.An emotional buy,not paying attention to the contract.
As the weather started to improve,we would check from time to time,to see how things where progressing,awaiting a closing date.Our last conversation with the salesman was about 3 weeks ago,at which time he stated a new stereo was to be installed,and it would be ready in about 3 days.That was the last conversation we had with him.We waited about a week,called left message,no call back.Waited 2 weeks,made 2 additional calls with messages,no call backs.Finally about a week ago e-mailed the General Manager,no reply.I believe we are getting the run around.Further investigation of this company revealed customer problems like ours,though bbb ratings where good.I do not want to breach this contract.Paying visit to the dealer could be a problem,since other customers doing this ran into problems with the dealer,and in some cases the police responded.I am not shure what I should do here.Thank You.

Back