Blood Thinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberly kirby

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I was prescribed blood thinners and Aleve by my doctor eight days ago and the doctor called me today and told me it was an accident that she put me on blood thinner so not to take them anymore. This seems dangerous especially since I have diverticulitis.

It might be advisable to follow the advice of your physician.

I was prescribed blood thinners and Aleve by my doctor eight days ago and the doctor called me today and told me it was an accident that she put me on blood thinner so not to take them anymore. This seems dangerous especially since I have diverticulitis.

A fascinating story to be sure, but do you have a question or were you just regaling us with tales of your medical exploits for no apparent reason?

I am assuming you are wondering if you have some sort of malpractice claim. If you don't have any damages, you do not. Your doctor apparently reconsidered your situation and revised the recommendation. Doctors do that every day.

I agree there is no apparent malpractice issue here. If you don't trust your doctor you might find another, or you could at the very least discuss this with your doctor and find out what risks (if any) there are for having taken the thinners for a few days.

I agree there is no apparent malpractice issue here. If you don't trust your doctor you might find another, or you could at the very least discuss this with your doctor and find out what risks (if any) there are for having taken the thinners for a few days.
Input about what? You should follow your doctor's advice or seek a second opinion if you want. Nothing you posted really raises any legal issue.
I wasn't looking to sue. I have switched doctors. I feel for the person that needed the thinners. Doctor said "hmm. I wonder who I was supposed to subscribe them too"

I wasn't looking to sue. I have switched doctors. I feel for the person that needed the thinners. Doctor said "hmm. I wonder who I was supposed to subscribe them too"

Anytime I'm prescribed a new medication, I research it before I take it.
If I fear it'll harm me, I make an appointment to discuss it with the prescriber.
I also discuss new meds with my sister and brother-in-law, both are MDs.

I am not a trusting person.
It's your health, and you must protect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back