Computer Crimes, Hacking Blackmail - Threats to Post X Rated Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonGuy

I have a female friend I am trying to help with a situation. She is in her 40s, met a guy around the same age. They had some sexual fun and he took x rated pictures of her.

She paid for a cellphone he has. They broke up, and when she tries to cancel the phone, he threatens her that he will post her pictures all over the net, send them to her employers and others. These threats were made over the phone, in person and via e-mail.

She has paid for this phone for about a year now, and wants to cancel it, but is afraid of what he might do. Every time she tries to cancel the phone, she gets threats of what he will do to her. She lives in MA and the guy lives in NH. Needless to say, she is afraid of him and needs this to end.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Another Question

If this guy were to post pictures and send them to others as he has threatened.
What criime is he committing?

Thanks

If this guy were to post pictures and send them to others as he has threatened.
What criime is he committing?

Thanks
I can't think of any crime you'd be committing.

This is a sincere question - not a joke

your answer - I can't think of any crime you'd be committing.

I assure you this is a real question and not meant to be a joke in any way.
I looked around this board and thought it would be serious

I hardly doubt that someone corecing and manipulating someone like this is ok?

Blackmailing is not a good thing but the law is on his side. He is technically trying to sell her rights to her pictures. He got the pictures legally and has full rights to them. He would even be protected under the law. Apparently she consented to taking the pictures, thereby giving permission to own them. So she has no claim on repossessing the pictures. This is exactly why some stars pay their ex BF or GF to buy back such pictures. The rule is the guy can use them for personal use but can't use them for profit…….without her consent. That would be a crime. I would say she should know he might have downloaded them to his computer and could use it against her forever. The real question is, how far would she go to keep pleasing him. I don't see an end. His demands may even rise.

I concur with these previous responses. They are his property and he can show who he wants (excluding minors, of course) as long as he's not making a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back