birth control has my migraines out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latinmami6972

Jurisdiction
Washington
There are a few issues here 1 we have overwhelming mold in between the walls of the duplex we are renting so bad that my hair has fallen out my husband and children as well. A few years ago I slipped and fell on the back balcony of the duplex we are renting due to rotten not treated wood, I fractured my left ankle was not mobile for a very long time. I spoke to the owner telling them the situation at hand and even after telling them that the balcony was deteriorated and needed repairs they did nothing to repair or to ask about my wellbeing we have asked and asked over and over again numerous times if she can change the carpet we have lived here 7 1/2 years the electrical wiring is not working properly my electricity bill is $2000 dollars I have had it disconnected twice because I could not afford it and being on section 8 I am low income. We have asked for some paint to paint the inside of the house from just being lived in well she couldn't afford it well now I have told her that the refrigerators are not working they are leaking water inside the freezer looks like an igloo there is ice everywhere I cannot open the freezer door. I have been a great tenant but she is just not have been doing her job is there any way I can sue this slumlord?

------------------------

I have a Mirena IUD since I had it installed I have been suffering from migraines, trouble with my vision, can't sleep, horrible attitude problems, depression, acne on my body to where I have scars I have gained so much weight it is causing problems in my home my children call me fatty, my husband, I am constantly eating I am a vegetarian I should have at least lost weight and the only thing I am loosing is my mind. I do not know what to do.

I have a Mirena IUD since I had it installed I have been suffering from migraines, trouble with my vision, can't sleep, horrible attitude problems, depression, acne on my body to where I have scars I have gained so much weight it is causing problems in my home my children call me fatty, my husband, I am constantly eating I am a vegetarian I should have at least lost weight and the only thing I am loosing is my mind. I do not know what to do.

Talk to your family care physician or your OB/GYN.

Regarding your home, find a new one.
No lawsuit is going to quickly remedy your living conditions.
Regarding the IUD, if it is causing so much trouble have it removed and try something else.

Mold does not just randomly grow between walls. Do you have water leaking? Also, it doe not cause hair loss. If you are losing your hair, it is due to something else.

It is not clear how you slipping and falling is your landlord's fault. Are you saying the rotting wood gave out and your foot fell through the deck? If this was a few years ago, it is unclear what you wish done about it now.

Your landlord isn't required to replace the carpet, buy you paint, or rewire the house. If the electric is in your name you can ask the electric company if they can come out and check your meter and do an audit to see why your bill is so high.

If you are not happy with the side effects of the IUD, go back to the doctor, have it removed, and see what else your doctor recommends for the purpose for which it was prescribed. Everything you describe is a well known potential side effect.

is there any way I can sue this slumlord?

Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but what do you want to sue for?

Mold: It's not clear that you've suffered any damage as a result. That your hair is falling out almost certainly has nothing to do with mold.

You fell on the balcony: It's not clear why this is your landlord's fault since it appears to have happened in an area over which you had exclusive possession. Also, you said it happened "a few years ago." That's obviously vague, but the statute of limitations in Washington for personal injuries is three years.

Carpeting and painting: Not having carpeting replaced or the interior painted would not give rise to a valid lawsuit.

Electrical wiring is bad: That you have remained as a tenant despite this problem basically negates any claim you might have.

Refrigerators (plural?) are not working: Buy a new one.

The bottom line here is that, if the place is as bad as you describe, it is unfathomable why you have continued to live there.

Really? You really "do not know what to do"? Go see your doctor and have the darned thing removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back