Big Balla, Shot Calla, Joey The Bee: Just Spendin' Mo' Money, Yo' Money!!!

army judge

Super Moderator
Big Balla, Shot Calla, Joey The Bee to permanently boost food stamp benefits by 25 percent!!!

In concrete terms, the average monthly per-person benefits for food stamp assistance will rise from $121 to $157.

The Biden administration has approved a significant and permanent increase in the levels of food stamp assistance available to needy families—the largest single increase in the program's history.

Starting in October, average benefits for food stamps (officially known as the SNAP program) will rise more than 25 percent above pre-pandemic levels. The increased assistance will be available indefinitely to all 42 million SNAP beneficiaries.

Food stamp benefits to increase by more than 25% | kcentv.com

I just heard about this in NPR this morning. It seems Biden did this by simply changing the way the average food bill is calculated. If it can be done with this is can be done with almost any spending.

Looks like a violation of the separation of powers set out in the US Constitution.

While I'm still a wee bit shy of getting those SS checks I can tell you that I'm not happy that there is going to be a 25% increase in food stamps while only a 6% increase in SS.

Back