Best coarse of action

Tprice5

Jurisdiction
Ohio
My loan officer didn't tell me that I had to be legally separated from my estranged wife before proceeding with the loan, now after the processing fee, the home inspection, and appraisal and earnest money I'm about to lose out on this house and the money I've invested in so far. What can I do? I feel helpless.

My loan officer didn't tell me that I had to be legally separated from my estranged wife before proceeding with the loan, now after the processing fee, the home inspection, and appraisal and earnest money I'm about to lose out on this house and the money I've invested in so far. What can I do? I feel helpless.

A "separation agreement," in order to be a valid post-nuptial agreement in Ohio, must be executed in contemplation of the termination of the marriage and is part of the dissolution paperwork.

A legal separation is, on the other hand, an adversarial process identical procedurally to a divorce action.

Your lawyer can explain the rationale behind some lenders requiring an applicant to be "legally separated".

Ask him or her.

Legal Separation, Divorce and Dissolution — public

Back