Best Buy Citibank Letter of Payment

nny156

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello I really need some help and/or advice. My wife and I are buying our first home, however, the one thing holding us up from getting our home loan is an old Best Buy Citibank card my wife had that went to collections. I paid the debt off in full and received a Letter of Payment from the collections agency, however I still need one from the Best Buy Citibank people as well.

I called the number they have listed on the back of the card and I was given nothing but run arounds and excuses as to why they won't send me my Letter or Payment despite the fact that they can see the account was paid in full with a $0 balance. They refused to unlock the online account to allow me or my wife to even take screen shot of the account showing the $0 balance. We were told they can't share customer data even though we are the customers and owners of the account. Then we were told they could mail us a Letter of Payment in 15 days despite the fact that our lease ends in 6 days and without this letter of payment we can't close on our home. Best Buy Citibank is literally causing myself and my family to be homeless because they refuse to send us one single email. We've paid the account in full. The money is not pending, it's been transferred out of my account so they have the money. They just won't send us the letter of payment. Is there anything I can do? My family and I are panicking here.

Offer to put the balance showing on the account in to escrow in anticipation of receiving the letter of payment.

Would I offer that to my lender? How does that work? I'm pretty lost when it comes to credit as I typically avoid credit cards but my wife has had some problems with cards going to collections in the past.

Would I offer that to my lender? How does that work? I'm pretty lost when it comes to credit as I typically avoid credit cards but my wife has had some problems with cards going to collections in the past.

Make the offer to the person or entity that has a problem with the item.

Just herd back from the lender. The problem is our credit score is too low and we needed the letter of payment from Citibank to order a rapid rescore so the credit bureau reports back that our score went up. So putting the amount in escrow wouldn't be an option for us.

Best Buy Citibank is literally causing myself and my family to be homeless because they refuse to send us one single email.

Right. Blame the creditor when it's your wife who should carry all the blame. She defaulted on the credit card, breached the credit card contract. Best Buy Citibank has no obligation to do anything for your wife and I wouldn't count on anything happening in 15 days no matter what they tell you.

Can you come up with a bigger down payment to offset the low credit score?

If not you may be destined to remain renters until this item drops off your credit report.

Right. Blame the creditor when it's your wife who should carry all the blame. She defaulted on the credit card, breached the credit card contract. Best Buy Citibank has no obligation to do anything for your wife and I wouldn't count on anything happening in 15 days no matter what they tell you.

Can you come up with a bigger down payment to offset the low credit score?

If not you may be destined to remain renters until this item drops off your credit report.

I suspect that it's more likely that they'll need to postpone closing until it's cleared up (the item has been paid).

I suspect that it's more likely that they'll need to postpone closing until it's cleared up (the item has been paid).
The item has been paid in full 10 days ago. The money has already cleared from my account. They have their money and openly say the account has a $0 balance. They just won't send me an email saying that so i can give that to my lender.

The item has been paid in full 10 days ago. The money has already cleared from my account. They have their money and openly say the account has a $0 balance. They just won't send me an email saying that so i can give that to my lender.

Talk to a supervisor

Back