Eviction Defense Being told I have to move

Lawrence Gentry

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I have been living with a family member for around 4 months now helping out as a part time care giver for my grandmother but i have an ant that holds our past against me and came in yesterday demanding i get out or she was going to call the police she has made numerous accusations that are false and made the statement that i should not have ever been here and she would have me gone. and now i am scared of what she may do or say she told my grandmother yesterday that some of her medication is missing and she the ant is the one that has the medication under her control and does not live here yet i feel like this is just another atempt at trying to turn my grandmother against me and not to mention that is a very real crime if she is willing to tell my grandmother this i have no idea who else she may tell i just need to know my rights

Punctuation is your friend. It is very hard to read your posts.

You don't mention who owns the house, who invited you to live there, or why you care one whit what your aunt thinks of the situation. You can't stop anyone from calling police and making accusations. If the police do bother questioning you, be honest. It is not a crime for your aunt to give your grandmother her negative opinion about you.

Punctuation is your friend. It is very hard to read your posts.

You don't mention who owns the house, who invited you to live there, or why you care one whit what your aunt thinks of the situation. You can't stop anyone from calling police and making accusations. If the police do bother questioning you, be honest. It is not a crime for your aunt to give your grandmother her negative opinion about you.

Im sorry it is my grandmothers house my grandmother asked me to but because of my ants nonstop hassle she has my grandmother on her side

Im sorry it is my grandmothers house my grandmother asked me to but because of my ants nonstop hassle she has my grandmother on her side

When asked to leave, you should have left.
If you continue to stay, you're only making more trouble for yourself.
I wouldn't force their hand and get yourself EVICTED.
It'll also put all of your business and your past back in the spotlight.
Be smart, just leave today.

You won't be legally obligated to leave until a judge orders you out, but you'd be best off to not push it that far.
If you are honestly and actively searching for a new place they'll likely back off a bit and give you the time, but you certainly don't have to be out overnight, and the police will tell them the same.

Back