Repairs, Maintenance Bed Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmmd2014

The purpose of this letter is to notify you that I signed my lease and received my key on Friday February 21, 2014. I started moving in little boxes and clothes in on Saturday I didn't stay due to this was my first time leasing an apartment and moving out on my own. I had gone and purchased brand new furniture from my couches to dining room tables to curtains and curtain rods everything brand new. Now all my furniture was delivered to my apartment I put a few things together that evening and Sunday I stated the night. I woke up to bites down my shoulder and arm along my legs. I contacted the office and Terri the front desk answered the phone I told her that I have bed bugs now the only reason I assumed it was bed bugs was when I came Friday to sign my lease Terri had me sign a form that as she explained to me was what is required of all apartment complex now that you have to sign a paper about bed bugs now i haven't had my own place before but I do have people and family that I know that have apartments and i never heard of anything like that before when I asked. Terri had there been complaints of bed bugs on the property before she told me with a straight face "no not at all". When I called Terri she was very rude to me and acted like I was lying she told me there isn't any bed bugs in the apartment and if there is some then I brought them. She then told me she would have ABC pest control that your office uses to come and check and that I needed to move all things off the floor so mind you I just moved in but I did as she asked I was at work when they came and did there walk through to inspect for bed bugs. When I got home from work on Monday I did my own inspection because I received a phone call from Terri stating that they had did a walk through inspection and nothing was found. I was very upset because she was unprofessional and had no care in the world a completely different person from before I signed my lease and was a resident. So I get my phone out with my flash light on it and began to inspect every corner and base board because I had been itching and doing my research on the internet of how bed bugs look what the bites look like and how your body bumped up and turned red I had every sign of what I read. I was sure there was bed bug. I couldn't believe it I found bed bugs and I even found one on the wall that had fresh paint on it that the maintenance had just painted over. Now Terri was quick to tell me that they put new carpet in this unit but she would never say that there wasn't bed bug in that unit before they put new carpet down. By the time I had found the bed bugs the office was closed I refused to stay in the unit. I had left them a voicemail that same Monday evening when I saw them that I don't know what kind of inspection they did due to I was able to find multiply bed bugs in the unit with just my light on my phone. On Tuesday 02/25/14 i called the office first thing when it opened and got the same rudeness from Terri that they didn't see any and that I needed to prove it so I told Terri I would be to the office I clocked out of work drove to the office showed her the pictures and she was like her and maintenance would be right over to my unit and check. I drove to my apartment to wait on them about 5 minutes later my door bell rung but it was only the head maintenance guy he came in and I took him to the bed bug he tried to pick it up with his keys and put it in a bad but it was very quick he dropped his keys I told him he was just going to let it go really he stated he didn't know it moved that fast he asked me to open the zipped lock bag to put it in and he took it to the office I drove down there also. Then Lori the manger was very sorry and said she had no idea and they will get someone out to spray tomorrow which would have been Wednesday she stated that the paper I sign when I moved in states that they are not responsible but our willing to help. I was shocked because that wasn't what Terri had stated. Now at this time Lori called me back to her office where it says employees only and was very sorry and i asked had she had people complain about bed bugs before and she said yes and they people they use for this Andy Pest Service comes and spray and they don't have any problems another issue Terri told me there had never been any complaints about bed bugs. So come Wednesday I don't go to work early because Terri told me Andy pest control will be there at 9 of course 9 comes around not pest people so I take it on myself and call them he states he will be in the apartment complex spraying a unit for bed bugs but not mine problem 3 Terri stated there was not issue with bed bugs like I was the first to have this issue. Now the man told me he was going to have to call the office and check well then I get a phone call from Terri stating that the pest control is running late so they will be here at 11 problem 4 Terri was still lying but ok they our coming so I stated home until they came and spray now they came in sprayed and I was told I couldn't stay in the unit for a couple of days due to the chemicals. So now it's been 1 week 3 days and they bed bug issue is back I am getting bite again.

Even brand-new off the warehouse floor furniture these days may have bedbugs. It is possible you brought those critters in.

I'd hire an exterminator and let the landlord know.
Yeah, it cost, but the longer you wait; the harder it is to eradicate the pesky buggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back