International Issue Becomming a Canadian is HARD! I need advice desparately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

montitchou1

I met my Canadian boyfriend online about 8 months ago. We have met in person and are sure we want to be together for the rest of our lives. So I want to move to Canada.
We are not religious so we don't believe in marriage. We are however willing to, if it will make the immigration process easier. I have been reading about immigration to Canada and it seems nearly impossible for someone like me. Even marriage doesn't seem to make it any easier. I know I must first become a resident. Will marrying him allow me to stay in Canada at least as a resident? Or will I still have to apply for some other kind of residency. I do not qualify for any residency program that I read about on the CIC website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
I am currently a student..... a.... second year freshmen I suppose. I am hoping to obtain a BA in some computer-related field within 3 years. So I am not going to be well established financially and carrer-wise for quite a few years still. And it seems that you have to be in order to become a resident of Canada.
Also, we want children. Not to use my child as a tool or anything, but will having a child with him help our situation? I am 24 years old and don't want to have to wait until I'm almost 30 to have my first baby. If I had a child with him would they ACTUALLY force us to live apart?
I am really in love with this man and want to be with him. I am willing to wait another two or three years to get my BA but that will be quite long enough. Please, any advice would be great!

What seems to be the problem with the information provided here?

Canada: Sponsoring your family:
Spouses and dependent children—Who can apply

I'm very happy that you've met someone special. Meeting someone online 8 months ago and then eventually in person seems to me to be a very short time before getting married, but everyone is different and perhaps this is the real thing. I mention this doubly in your case because (a) you are considering having a child quickly and (b) you are also talking about relocating yourself into a country currently foreign to you. There is also the question of stability financially, which throws even more into this equation - someone has to provide it. There is also the part where it seems you'll be living apart for a significant time while you are in school, etc. I'm not sure what the rush is. Many I know try out the relationship first before deciding to create permanence such as children, etc. and you've got a host of complications built in. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can speak more on this particular subject. But my point was in providing you the link above and wondering as to the problem that you have right now. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back