Basement rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you seem to have a legitimate gripe about the entry into your home, I am not certain what you really have to gain from it. It would be a lot of hassle over something somewhat petty. Personally, I would raise quite a stink with whatever agency forced their way into my home, but I don't know that I would go so far as try to sue anyone for anything.

You are not the one being targeted for the violations- you just happen to live in the location that is targeted. The landlord/owner has a responsibility to make the needed repairs, and making those repairs might require you to move out.

You can't be forced out without an eviction. If you are not ready to leave and someone tries to get you to leave, you might find yourself in a position to get someone to pay your moving costs. There are ways you can benefit from all of this, but it all depends on what actions other take and how you respond to them.

If you are on good terms with the landlord and they need you out as a result of all of this, negotiate the best deal you can and know that you are not required to leave, no matter how much they demand it, until you are legally evicted. Rather than push it that way, be more proactive about it and find a new place that they will help you get in to.

I'm on good terms with both the land lord and the home owner and I'm sure well be able to work something out. I'm looking for another place to live and will be out as quickly as possible. Thank you again for all of your help with this. Your advise has been extremely helpfull!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back