Bar Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtoothman8

I recently got caught up in a bar fight about 3 days ago. There were some injuries and I was wondering how long a person has to file a law suit. Someone told me they can't do anything after 72 hours. Is this true?

State determines time

States determine time limits. What state are you in or what state did the fight happen in? I couldn't find any state under a 1 year time limit. You can go on-line and google time limits for personal injury lawsuits. However, there may be criminal charges filed if this person goes to the police. So you may want to look up criminal law rather than injury because this was not an "accident" and the laws may be different for bringing a lawsuit for injuries caused by criminal battery or whatever it may be called. You may want to see a lawyer soon, if you believe the person went to the police, and especially if you believe criminal charges will be filed.

calalily said:
States determine time limits. What state are you in or what state did the fight happen in? I couldn't find any state under a 1 year time limit. You can go on-line and google time limits for personal injury lawsuits. However, there may be criminal charges filed if this person goes to the police. So you may want to look up criminal law rather than injury because this was not an "accident" and the laws may be different for bringing a lawsuit for injuries caused by criminal battery or whatever it may be called. You may want to see a lawyer soon, if you believe the person went to the police, and especially if you believe criminal charges will be filed.

Hi,

I'm in a similiar situation. I searched Arizona time limits on google but could not get any info, do you know the limit for AZ? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back