Purchase & Sale Bank's misunderstanding with Courier company affected my business

Status
Not open for further replies.

infomizer

To all legally tuned fellas in the house, I've got a situation I'd like to know your thoughts about. I'll be discrete but would still be clear with the vignette I'm presenting.

I am in the international business profession and to get paid for goods exported, some documentation has to exchange hands (between the buyer and seller), with or without intervention of the bank. In this case, the bank was involved in sending of documents to the buyer and somehow, a misunderstanding between them and the courier company whose services they enlisted affected the timeliness of the delivery of documents to the buyer's bank. The buyer has rejected the goods on this basis and the business faces a huge loss because of the development. I think. have a case, yeah?

Your thoughts please?

Oh yeah, you betcha fella, you've got yourself one humdinger of a case.

:dunno::coolio::confused:

But, read the fine print in the contract between you and any courier, boss.

Those terms apply between the bank and its courier service, too.

Someone is going to get their shipping costs refunded maybe, yippee!!!!

:biglol:

With you living near Zurich, on the European continent, and the other party situated somewhere on the African continent; there are some forum and jurisdictional issues to overcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back