Business Bankruptcy Bankruptcy 13 Issue with Assets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptightdebtee

I currently owe $65K in revolving credit card debt.
I have just short sold my house in California.
I am self-employed and make $500 to $2000 a month; fluctuates.
I own a 10 year old car.

I went to an attorney, he advises I file chapter 13.
He assures me they can't take assets in a chapter 13.
I am worried they will take assets belonging to my mother that were put into my name several years ago for safekeeping from mismanagement by my father who has a poor track record of financial management.
I am looking for a 2nd opinion.
Are there any scenarios where they would be able to confiscate my mother's money and property just because they were in my name?

All shares and investments owned or held by a bankrupt will become vested in the Trustee. For the benefit of the creditors the Trustee has the power to sell off these assets. It does not matter whether the property is located within Australia or an overseas country; the Trustee has the power to take into possession the shares and investments.

What on this earth are you talking about? Clearly you have no business giving any kind of legal advice and are just a spammer.

The original post deals with a Chapter 13, and as far as I can tell, the Country of Australia is not mentioned. A Trustee DOES NOT, I REPEAT, DOES NOT liquidate assets in a Chapter 13.

Please take some classes in "Bankruptcy 101" you might learn something, although I truly doubt it.

Des.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back