Bank refuse to take title on home

Status
Not open for further replies.

unobooks

I purchase a home in 2005, but due to unemployment I fell behind the mortgage payments on March 2008, the bank WAMU started with foreclosure and send a inspector to my house every week, we try to do a loan modification but the bank did not even wanted to deal with us, my husband filled bankruptcy as a last resort to keep the home but the trustee remove the stay and my husband signed over the home to the Bank, we move out on August 2008. On January 5, 2010 I received a letter from the county stating that I have not kept my property in good shape and I need to fix some code violations. I research the title and indeed my name is still in the home title. The original mortgage company has disappeared and Chase bank has taken over. I have talked to Chase and they said that they are not foreclosing on the property and it my responsibility and that I have to either have a short sale or re-take possession of the property, which has been vacant for almost two years, I went to see the home and the basement has some water pump damage ( due to no electricity) that has caused black mold to grow, I had a mold/water damage inspector come and he estimated a cost of $15,000 to clear up the mold and do treatment. Why has the bank failed to follow through with the foreclosure?? Who is responsible for the damage?? Do I have to move back in?? I search the property taxes for 2009 and they have been paid by the mortgage company, which was a relief. I am very confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back