Bank Levy in New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

BONJOVI

Yesterday I had the nightmare of having all of my money taken out of my account. A company put a levy on my bank account(it wasn't student loan, child support, taxes). A letter was never sent to my house, on the day the money was taken out it so happens they knew how much money to take out. I was to call a county officer with the case number. It looks to be a vehicle purchased in 1999, ballys membership, or credit card from 1999.

Are you saying you were never served?

You received nothing at all?

Have you moved within the last few years?

I had something like this happen.

I had an ex gf use my social security number for something and it eventually turned into a judgement I never heard a peep about,until my bank account got snatched.

It was a 1k bill so the bank takes double out, 2k ! plus their fee for having to deal with it..Aint that a blast?!

I went to this place and demanded to see an agreement or something with my signiture and showed them my drivers liscense proving I didnt sign it.

They released it for a hundred bux ,it was worth it to me at the time to get it off my credit report,plus,my 2k to be returned.

I dont know how they did all that w/out ever notifying me of anything either,but they did.
My guess is that a letter to your last known adress or a couple attempts is sufficient?

only moved twice within the city no notice or anything.

You need to contact the bank and ask them for a copy of the garnishment order - that will generally contain at least one reference to the actual court order, and from there you can obtain a copy of the court order and you'll be able to find out if you were properly served etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back