Personal Bankruptcy Banckruptcy and Personal Injury Claim. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

believe702

My husband and I live in Nevada, a few weeks ago I was rear ended while I was driving locally. I am now suffering from body pains and mental and emotional stress and filed a motor accident suit with an attorney. Unfortunately, we also have a huge financial problems (I'm not working and now unable to work due to car accident). We are considering filing a Ch 7 bankruptcy. We cannot afford our house and would like to get rid of it. The bankruptcy attorney we consulted said that the bankruptcy will affect my car accident claim. My personal injury attorney told me to wait after the car injury settlement and then file bankruptcy. The problem is that the clock is now ticking with our house and the lender is going to proceed with foreclosure of our house next month. Should we file bankruptcy now? Or should we wait after the PI settlement? (We are not qualified for ch 13 bankruptcy) Please help. Thanks.

Your PI attorney is in the best position to advise you. Unfortunately, this is a decision you have to make whether you want to take a chance of making a quick settlement (which might not be for as much as you'd like) or going the way of bankruptcy and having other problems. I wish I could be of greater assistance but you're the only one who could make this call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back