Bally Total Fitness Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetle54

Hi, I seems to be having a problem with the Bally Total Fitness Corp. Let me start at the beginning. I had signed up for a gym membership for Ballys, I had to sign a contact for 2 years and the cost for this contract was around 2100 dollars. About three weeks later, I decided to cancel my memebership, I just didn't have the time to drive to gym everyother day and plus I found another gym that was closer. When I tried to cancel out of my membership, they provided for me a list of options on how to cancel out of my membership. Just a side note, I didn't even go to the gym while I had my membership, I didn't work out or nothing. So they told me that I had to swipe my card 12 times before I can cancel out my membership and so I did and now they're telling me that I can't cancel my membership because I didn't fullfill their cancel of membership requirements. For the past year they've sent me bills on top of bills asking me to pay, but I didn't even use the gym. I gave back the card and I gave them proper notice that I'm leaving the gym, but they still refuse me. And now I live about 5 hours away from this Bally Total Fitness Gym and Ballys had send my account to a creditor. Is there anything that I can do to fight this bill, because I don't think its right for me to pay for abill to a gym that I never worked out in. I think its stupid and I don't think that I should pay for the bill.

Thanks in advance,.....

Take a look at the fine print. Most of these agreements allow you to cancel if you are more than 25 miles away from one of their gyms. If you are not more than 25 miles away you are stuck. If you are get proof of your move that shows the date of your relocation... bank statement, credit card bill, change of address etc. You will only be charged the $50 cancellation and prorated dues through your move date. Good Luck:)

Bally Total Fitness dept/fraud in NY

I signed up for this gym and within a couple of weeks I decided to cancel. I was informed that I needed to write a letter in order to cancel, to pay a $25 cancellation fee and visit the gym at least 12 times, I did exactly as they told me and all a month before my the trial membership was over. Those scammers told me that I didn't visit the gym 12 times, that they were not going to refund my $25 but I everything that was required, I just can't prove the amounts of time I visited the gym. I need to know if I have a chance to fight this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back