Ball joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwalker1

Lifetime warranty balljoint broke on vehicle leaving me 60miles from home or the repair shop. When I called repair shop asking for tow they refused saying it was my responsibility. When I asked to pick up replacement parts they refused. They would only repair if I returned vehicle to them and they determined it was their fault even though I had two mechanics from two different shops locally state that the ball joint had failed causing additional damage to vehicle.they refused to pay any towing charges to get it back to them or to furnish parts to have it done locally. I had to wait two weeks to have a friend trailer it whereupon I brought it to my local dealership. They confirmed damage was caused by a failure in the ball joint. Since their mechanic knew the original installer of the ball joints mechanic he called and reported his finding of cause of damage. At this time the original installer offered to supply parts fix but since thecdealer had allready installed replacement parts the offer was useless.parts and labor were 400$. Towing was 100$ for gas and one day lost time at work. Front end alignment was 45$. Can I legally hold original installer liable for any charges?

Your rights are governed by the warranty agreement language. Chances are it will cover replacement and that's all. What if you vehicle broke in the middle of the desert and it would cost you $8,958 to have it towed and shipped back across the US? I'm using this to illustrate why almost no warranty would cover all those costs, which don't really have to do with the problem and are not foreseeable. Look at your agreement. It's all in the wording. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back