bad inspection nad loss of money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre54

We are looking for a legal advice to first find out if we have a valid case.
Few months ago before purchasing our current home per home inspector recomdeations we hired a Pipe inspection company to verify the functionality of the sewer line. According to their finds some minor updates were needed and over all everything was in a good shape. This was not a case and we end up replacing the whole sewer line which additionally cost $7300.
After speaking with the company president who very quickly offered us a refund for the inspection we reviewed our situation and contacted another franchise location to discuss guarantee policies / practices concerning incorrect recommendations. They indicated that in addition to the refund of the inspection fee that reparations were made to offset the costs resulting from incorrect recommendations.
Based on this information we have come to the conclusion that the loss of $7,300 that we incurred as a direct consequence of an incorrect recommendation from this company should be treated with a similar arrangement.
As a licensed Real Estate broker I negotiated the final purchase price of the home and if the inspection would have been accurate we would have obtained correct repair quotes and the purchase price would have therefore been reduced or the contract to purchase the home would have been terminated.
After the our second email where we simply asked the owner if they would be willing to work with us as they did with some other clients his repose was very disrespectful blaming us and the plumbers for all the problems.
What should we do…what lawyer should e get?

I doubt that you could hire a lawyer for such a small case; you may want to look into going to small claims court (if your state allows the size of your claim).

What does your contract with the inspection company say about all your questions?

yes the contract limits thier liability to the refund of the inspection fee. I just know thw they have paid for some reparis for some other client...just do not know what were the circustances...is there anything we can do or should we drop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back