Bad Harley Dealer

I have a TBI. I went to a Harley dealer in FL to look at some motorcycles. The dealer found a bike at another dealer. I gave him a deposit for the bike. He went and got the bike. I took it for a test ride. I didn't like the bike. Am I entitled to my deposit back? He also got me approved on the financing of the bike (thru Harley).

You need to read EACH WORD PRINTED on the mountain of documents you signed.

More than likely you've agreed in writing to FORFEIT the deposit if you decide not to purchase the vehicle.

In some cases you've agreed to forfeit a percentage of the deposit. Again I suggest you start by reading the documents you signed.

You will probably at least have to forfeit the cost incurred to go get the bike from the other dealership. Have you asked them?

I took it for a test ride. I didn't like the bike. Am I entitled to my deposit back?

Depends on what you signed. Read it.

He also got me approved on the financing of the bike (thru Harley).

Then my guess is that you signed a purchase/financing contract and you bought yourself a bike.

If you leave the bike at the dealership, it's could be a voluntary repo (depending on what you signed) that could cause you a great deal of grief and expense and trashed credit.

Again, read what you signed. It will tell you what your obligations are.

Getting financing approved doesn't necessarily mean he has signed a financing contract.

We do it all the time. We usually don't write much in stone until we get approval. Might be different elsewhere.

Back