Bad Contrators - A Consumer's Nightmare...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacheskelly

I contracted with a Restoration company who was invited to the table by my adjuster when he came to survey the damage.

The scope of work was priced at $36k. plus their profit and tax etc.
To date they have received more than $24.3 in payments.

They are unwilling or unable to provide me a breakdown of work and charges to support their claim of $36k. :no:

The construction work is incomplete, plus appliances, carpet etc are not installed. :no:

There has been delay after delay due to poor service of Restoration Company.

I've decided to break ties with them. We met on yesterday and to my surprise they presented me with a bill for over $12.5. :eek:

In reality and based on the scope of work they were to perform vs. the work they've done, they should OWE ME money.

To make it easy, I would like to deduct ALL work in which they have NOT performed and come to a resolution amount regarding work started and NOT completed.

This may get me close to where I need to be in order to have monies available to hire other contractors.

What are my options as a consumer? How is this case generally handled?

HELP PLEASE.

With this amount of money involved, the first thing you need to do is hire a lawyer.

Are they a licensed contractor? If so most states have a board for licensed contractors and you might be able to file a dispute with them.

If they are not licensed, then you need to see an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back