Backround checks,employment application questions for the state of CT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skilover

Without going into all the "gory details" I am in An Accelerated Pre-trial program" for substance abuse that has given me 2 years of probation rather than a harsher outcome, (for which I am eternally grateful,) My concern is , now that I am ready to face the world, what can I expect from employment applications and backround checks? I know that I can honestly answer to the fact that I have never been "convicted" of a crime, but feel indifferent of how to handle questions that fall in between this hazy line. My "ARP" isn't over until fall "09". I need to work now... can't wait 2 years for my record to be totally clear. PS...Not that it makes any difference, but this is the first time in my life, that I have ever been in such a predicament. I never, ever want to be in this position again. And to those of you reading this, it's not just "kids'" or Teens that make poor choices. I have learned a real life lesson in "mid" life. Thanks to all, for your time and advice in helping me with this. I appreciate it, more than words can express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back