Background checks

Wildflicken01

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
A felony showed up on my background check while trying to rent a home. I was denied. I disputed it, and they said they investigated and the charge was mine. I explained to them I entered into the Army after this crime was committed, and their investigation still the same.

A felony showed up on my background check while trying to rent a home. I was denied. I disputed it, and they said they investigated and the charge was mine. I explained to them I entered into the Army after this crime was committed, and their investigation still the same.

You know what you were involved in, and what you never did.

That said, I suggest you find one of the many sites that allow you to check your background.

One of those sites is: www.publicdata.com another one is: www.spokeo.com

Depending on what state that alleges you committed this crime, you might even be able to look it up online for FREE.

For example, here are couple state sites:

Criminal Background Checks

NC DPS: Criminal Offender Searches

MSP - Criminal History Records

Florida Department of Law Enforcement - Obtaining Criminal History

Criminal History Records | Arizona Department of Public Safety

Those are just a few, you can use this template for your search:

arizona criminal records check

florida criminal records check

new jersey criminal records check

north dakota criminal records check

etc....

Be advised, it is also possible the company that ran your name made a mistake, your name is common and many records look alike, or someone used your name to commit a crime and left you trying to clean up their dirt.

No need to worry until you've conducted YOUR investigation, then come back and we'll see what else might be involved.....

The Army won't accept those with a felony on their record. Other than that, I am not sure what your question is. Is the charge yours?

The Army won't accept those with a felony on their record. Other than that, I am not sure what your question is. Is the charge yours?

Sadly, that's not entirely true.

Certain felonies are eligible for waivers to allow the person to enlist.
The felony could limit his or her career options, but he or she can get in the door.
Today the army and the marines are desperate for people, so felons do wear our nation's uniform.

Back