Background check

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich

I was admitted to Bryant and Stratton Nursing School and was told that my background check was flagged by Aurora. I was dropped from Bryant and Stratton without being told what in my background check was not disclosed or found to disqualify me from clinical placement. I have tried repeatedly to find out without success. Since then I ran a background check on myself and found a 15 year old ordinance violation that I failed to disclose by accident. My questions include the following:
1. Who exactly flagged my background and why exactly was my background flagged?
2. Who do I speak with at Aurora about my background check?
3. Is there an appeals process that would allow me to work at Aurora in the future? If so what is it?
4. If it was not disclosing 15 year old ordinance, will disclosure on a new background check clear up the flag?
5. Will expungement help? Is it an option?
6. How can I run a background check on myself to insure that all the information requested by Aurora will be found for full disclosure?
7. Is it going to bar me from future clinical experiences with all colleges?

1. Who exactly flagged my background and why exactly was my background flagged?
(You need to ask them this. You can request a copy of this crb)
2. Who do I speak with at Aurora about my background check?
(Call them and ask)
3. Is there an appeals process that would allow me to work at Aurora in the future? If so what is it?
(if the report is accurate what are you going to appeal?)
4. If it was not disclosing 15 year old ordinance, will disclosure on a new background check clear up the flag?
(Again ask the employer)
5. Will expungement help? Is it an option?
(Expungement takes a while and by time you clear this the job will likely be gone)
6. How can I run a background check on myself to insure that all the information requested by Aurora will be found for full disclosure?
(You should be netitled to a copy of the report sent to employer)
7. Is it going to bar me from future clinical experiences with all colleges?
(That depends on their HR departments)

Perhaps you have been victimized by someone PRETENDING to be you?

The scammer used your details, was arrested, either bonded out, or got convicted. Either way, if you're innocent, you've been had.

Why not join an online service for $50-100. You can then obtain public criminal records and other public information.

I know of many. You can learn of them too, if you Google -online criminal records checks-

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

The answers to questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 are identical: How the heck do you expect us to know? The crystal ball is out being cleaned; the Magic 8 ball is in the shop and Madame Zuileka is overdue back from her vacation. We have no way of knowing what is going on in Aurora's offices or who has done what to whose records.

The answer to 6: No two background checks are exactly alike. The only way to run a check on yourself that will reveal exactly what Aurora sees is to have the same vendor Aurora uses run exactly the same check Aurora runs. And before you ask, no, we don't know what vendor they use or what questions they asked the vendor to check.

Last edited:
I am extremely sympathetic to the situation regarding your crystal ball, magic 8 ball, and Madame Zuileka. As my initial post was admittedly, hastily and poorly written I would like to submit a more concise question. Is Auroras obligation to inform me, as a potential student in clinical, of why my background was flagged the same as its obligation to inform a potential employee? And what is that obligation?

When you agreed to the background check its very likely you were asked if you wanted a copy. Much depends on what you agreed to at time you consented to check. Why not ask the employer for copy?

If it helps any, not many employers will consider a 15 year old violation to be relevant. However, I suspect you may have been disqualified for failing to disclose the violation rather than the offense itself. Most applications have a clause specifying honesty and full disclosure. In the future I would disclose the issue on applications.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back