Background Check - Dismissed Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechCollege

I have a student that completed her background check and it had a police charge but it was later dismissed. Is the student able to find a job in the medical field even though they show an actual charge against them?

The student might want to check with the licensing agcy. for the type of job wanted (example nurse) & see what they say.

I have a student that completed her background check and it had a police charge but it was later dismissed. Is the student able to find a job in the medical field even though they show an actual charge against them?

You are an instructor at a skilled trades school.

I suggest you discuss this with the JOB PLACEMENT or employment assistance person, people, or department at YOUR school.

They can guide both of you on what requirements are mandated for the various trades your school (and perhaps you) teach.

It might be a good idea to make sure your counselors or advisers know this BEFORE people waste their time and money pursuing something they will never achieve.

One last thing, a criminal conviction will always be a criminal conviction, despite what you may have been told.

A criminal conviction isn't removed by expungement or expunction.
An expunction can seal the conviction from some prying eyes, but rarely the does that exclude governmental agencies.

The best advice is to obey all laws and avoid evil temptations.

You are always better off inquiring of the licensing authority.

They make these decisions everyday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back