back payments for child support?

nickh

Jurisdiction
New Hampshire
I am currently not with my wife and will be filling for divorce, I moved out 2 months ago and have been helping her financially with our daughter and her bills. Will the court accept this as child support and not require me to pay back payments? I have been keeping records of everything

I am currently not with my wife and will be filling for divorce, I moved out 2 months ago and have been helping her financially with our daughter and her bills. Will the court accept this as child support and not require me to pay back payments? I have been keeping records of everything

Any money, gifts, or items in kind given to a person named in a child support order will be considered GIFTS by the court.

If a person is ordered to pay child support, all funds used to satisfy the order should be paid directly to the court or the state's official child support collection agency.

You don't owe child support until you are no longer married. The law cares not where members of a still married couple reside or how they choose to provide for their children.

Back