Naturalization, Citizenship baby born in Canada to a U.S. citizen parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammum

We are US citizen and have a situation that our child was recently born in canada and was entered in US by road without having immigrant status, as Canadian does not require visa or stamp on passport. We did not know that we had to report and get consular birth certificate. We got babys canadian passsport and came to US by road without such report now how we can get baby's US citizenship on form n600 as one of the requirement is the baby should enter into US as immigrant:

Under the CCA, the child will automatically acquire U.S. citizenship on the date that all of the following requirements are satisfied:

* At least one parent is a U.S. citizen,
* The child is under 18 years of age, and
* The child is admitted to the United States as an immigrant.

Please give us advise to sole the problem.

This is not legal Advice!

Hi ammum,

Your quote: Under the CCA, the child will automatically acquire U.S. citizenship on the date that all of the following requirements are satisfied:

* At least one parent is a U.S. citizen,

I am sure as you meet the requirement and BOTH parents are US citizens there should not be too much of a problem. It just may take a bit of time to sort out. Fill in all the paperwork and send a covering letter to explain that you were not aware that you had to get a consular birth cirtificate. You may need to chase up some paperwork but I am sure they are not for one min, going to deport your baby!!

Immigration are human and you can explain your case, just be honest and they will point you in the right direction.

This is just an opinion but I do not feel i am too far away here.

Take care

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back