Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders AZ sex offender non dangerous and not a child offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipplem

My son is contemplating a plea deal that will make him register as a sex offender. His crime is not against a child and is abuse nor assult. My question is can he live in the home with my permission with his siblings(under 18) and can he have visitation rights to his daughter?

I would advise him to be very careful before accepting such a deal. It would require permission from the judge and his parole officer to relocate there. Further, it could potentially raise a red flag with children's services taking your younger kids.

Why would you want a sex offender in the same house as young children? As for custody with his kid, that would be up to the court which handled the initial custody agreement. I would not expect the child's mother or a judge to permit unsupervised visitation.

My son is contemplating a plea deal that will make him register as a sex offender. His crime is not against a child and is abuse nor assult. My question is can he live in the home with my permission with his siblings(under 18) and can he have visitation rights to his daughter?

Even IF the court allowed this to happen, the PO agreed, your home might be in an area where convicted child molesters/sexual offenders are not permitted to reside.

I suggest you make sure your son discusses and understands just what PLEADING guilty to such a charge entails.

I can tell you that such a plea will hound and hinder him for the rest of his adult life.

There is no guarantee that such a plea will allow him to ever reside in your home again, or even visit your home again!

Whether he would be allowed in the home or not would depend on what conditions were placed upon him as a result of any subsequent probation or parole. The conviction, alone, would not prevent him from being with or seeing his minor children, but being on parole or probation might do just that.

Your son needs to discuss fully with his lawyer before accepting this plea deal how it can impact his life - where he may not be able to live, jobs he may not be able to get & so on.

Definitely discuss with a lawyer. If he is pleading down to just sex offender, I imagine the charges are quite a bit more serious than you let on. This is not a DIY project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back