AZ - Relinquish Parental Rights - On BC / DNA not bio dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

talerco

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I've done quite a bit of research and need to do this myself as I can't afford a lawyer.
I stupidly signed an AZ Acknowledgement of Paternity many months ago. At the time I thought (hoped) I was the father and wanted to be either way. Relationship way over now. A DNA test showed I am not the biological father. Baby is 1 year old living with mother in Maricopa County. I am in military far away about to be stationed very far away.
The mother also wants me off the birth certificate and has not filed any custody / support requests as she doesn't want me acknowledged (further) as the father. She agreed to let her parents adopt but after I sent notarized permission for that she changed her mind.
I'm hoping I can file a "Parent's Agreement to be Bound by Genetic Test Results" in Maricopa County (CSE-1284A FORFF (2-18)).

My questions;
1. Can I file this Parent's Agreement...... if there is no pending petition for decision making etc? The first line asks for a IV-D ATLAS NO.___.
2. If not, do you advise that I should file a petition (ie. DRP11f - 010119) and check the box 'Vital Records'? If so, do I include the Parents Agreement.... or wait and submit that later?
3. I am in the military (tech training) and can't imagine a way I can get to Phoenix for a weekday court appearance. How do I handle that?....with the court / with my command is out.

I read on Legal Beagle about "How to Relinquish Parental Rights in Maricopa County, AZ". It sets out a way to file a petition with the juvenile court - however, it also says that the court must find that severing the parent-child relationship is in the best interest of the child. I have talked (email) to a couple attorneys that say that the state has an interest in children having 2 parent so a judge may not allow that even knowing I am not biological father, especially given military benefits. This is different from what I have read about the Parent's Agreement.....which seems to indicate that the law says if I turn out not to be the biological father I must be removed from the birth certificate.

4. Should I file this petition (per above) with the Juvenile Court and include the Parent's Agreement......?
5. Her parents want to adopt. Can her father adopt my position without the mother's approval and the mother remain?
6. Any other recommendations greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Your in the military and cant afford a lawyer? What do you think the JAG office is for. Go over and speak with them ASAP....

Your in the military and cant afford a lawyer? What do you think the JAG office is for. Go over and speak with them ASAP....
Why? The OP's got no dog in the fight (despite his statements to the contrary in this thread).

On another site OP also state that the mother of the child was 16 at time of conception. The legal father has bigger issues than disestablishing paternity...he needs a criminal defense attorney advice, not the advice of strangers on the 'net.

Thank YOU for actually just answering a question. I hate to display ignorance but can you tell us if unloading everything to a JAG lawyer is confidential and will not get him in trouble?

'Zigner' 'Just Blue' 'ddoodah' and 'Katdini' - I really don't understand the hostility. I AM a friend of the young man in this situation. I previously posted a philosophical question - because I was interested in other opinions. Then I posted on the military board a military question. Now, I'm back here posting a family law question. If you are that bored go ahead and put it all together. You will not find any inconsistencies. What good feeling do you get from calling an anonymous online person a liar?
'Just Blue' - the fact that my friend committed statutory rape has no bearing on any of the questions I have asked. 16 is the age of consent in more than 1/2 the states. If they had gone to Vegas it would have been legal (I know, they didn't). If you think legal authorities in Maricopa County or Tempe, Arizona (home to Arizona State) are going to care about underage sex when neither participant or their parents care I believe you are wrong. The hospital knew when she delivered that she became pregnant at 16. Nobody cares. Why do you seem to have a weird attraction to that minor detail that has nothing to do with any of my questions? Been a while?
I came to this board for answers to specific legal questions. I hoped that is what these forums are for - not a platform for trolls to inflate their egos by looking for flaws in others.
Sheeeeesh

No more of this, too many oddities.

Asked and answered.

Please see a lawyer, there are millions of them all across the USA.

PLEASE don't start another thread about this mess, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back