Quiet Enjoyment Aweful Neighbors! Is this Harrassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

underseige1

We recently moved into half of a double house in a beautiful neighborhood. We had heard some bad things about the next door neighbors, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and take the house anyways. At first, everything was pretty much ok. their kids played with our kids daily. One day, their 7 year old took something out of my purse while i wasn't looking and I caught her and sent her home. We told her mother, and that was that. A few weeks later, the same 7 year old was caught trying to kiss our 5 year old son in the wading pool, and gyrating her hips on him. We again confronted the mother, who blamed the behavior on her teenage children. We told her that we didn't want her kids in our house anymore. She just said that was fine with her and went in her house.
Ever since then, we have been harassed by all of their kids, my kids can't even go outside. What's worse is that the father came banging on our door one night, drunk as a skunk, wanting to fight with my husband. He said that we called the cops and children and youth on them. (We didn't). These people are the bad seeds of the neighborhood. Cops are always there for domestic violence. Their scruffy little children run all over the place at all hours. NO one seems to ever know or care where their kids are. We talked the the landlord, he said that he told them to get out in June. It's now September. He said that he MIGHT take them to court. Problem is, the landlord is good friends with the neighbor's father. It doesn't seem fair to us to have to put up with such harassment. Shouldn't they have to go since they are the troublemakers? We did call the cops the night that he came over here, but they basically just slapped him on the wrist and told him not to do it again. We don't know what else to do! We just want to be able to enjoy our home without having to see the 7 year old flipping us the bird or all of the obscenities being yelled at us by the teenagers and adults over there. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

My advice is EVIDENCE! Get it all on tape or camera. Then go to your local courthouse and show your evidence. They will advise you from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back