Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Awaiting trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snookerman

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
In April of this year I was arrested for an allegation of harassment made by my ex partner. Allegation is that on Nov 9, 2019 & March 19, 2020 I attended her property. A restraining order was put in place four years ago which prohibits me from contacting her. I denied those allegations & have alibi evidence to verify my whereabouts on those dates. I was then bailed. During my bail period, my ex partner came to my home address (a witness have given a statement to verify this) & told me that the investigation was over, there was no restraining order in place now & she wanted me to come to her flat so she could show me emails to prove it. Later that day, I attended & low & behold, when I knocked on the door, 2 police officers answered the door.

I was set up by my ex partner. I was arrested & interviewed. I was charged with harassment (breach of a restraining order ). Because of what happened on the date when I was set up (may 15, 2020) the police & CPS have charged me with all 3 dates.

Since being charged, my ex partner has since been to the police, withdrawn her statement, admitting to lying, making false allegations & admitted to inviting me round. This is a sworn statement which she has signed. However, the police & CPS are still pursuing the matter & it could go to trial.

In her original statement, my ex partner gave her family members as witnesses to me attending on the dates specified. None of her alleged witnesses have give any kind of statement to corroborate with anything she has said. And they will not give a statement of any kind as they know it's all made up, fictitious.

As stated, I alibi evidence, 3/4 people who have given statements to verify I was with them on Nov 9, 2019, March 19, 2020. Two weeks ago I served my defence case statement to the court/CPS/Prosecution & my alibi witnesses details were provided.

In light of me having alibi evidence & my ex partner not have one single witness come forward for her to corroborate with what she originally said, will the CPS now review the case?

All feedback & advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

We discuss the laws of the USA and her various states and territories.

You'll need to find a site that discusses UK law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back