Avoiding Slander - Harassment - Violating Restraining Order Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka7niq

I made this blog restrainingorderblog dot com to tell my side of the story.
In Tampa, anyone can go to the police website and see anything you have been arrested for.
I am having trouble finding a new relationship, because I look like a violent criminal.
In fact, my ex girl tricked me into violating the restraining order, to try and put me away!
CAN I publish my side of the story on my Blog ?
Can I* use her whole name, or just her first name, or maybe refer to her as my ex girlfriend ?

She lied in court, under oath, and I have a cancelled check made out in her name to prove it, along with court transcripts!
Can I show these on my Blog ?

Any tips to avoid getting in troouble, yet still save my good name ?

Truth is an absolute bar to liable and slander. You can use her name, though I would be careful doing so. I would not tell people where she was and I would be careful not to appear to be trying to get people to contact her on your behalf.

But as far as telling your side of the story, tell away; tell the truth.

Truth is an absolute bar to liable and slander. You can use her name, though I would be careful doing so. I would not tell people where she was and I would be careful not to appear to be trying to get people to contact her on your behalf.

But as far as telling your side of the story, tell away; tell the truth.

I plan to use her name ONLY for what I can absolutely prove, like the check she wrote out, that I signed, and loaned to her during the restraining order.
I will show court transcripts of her courtroom testimony on my Blog.

Where I live, everybody knows everybody.
Everywhere I go, I get asked "Why did you stalk a woman, or violate an order for dating Violence ?

It is way too complicated and time consuming to explain to each and every person.

I just figured I would point them to the blog, and allow them to decide for themselves ?

I am not trying to ruin her name, just protect mine.

People need to know IMHO that IF she was so "scared" f me, what was she doing living/borrowing money/working for me, etc, etc, etc.
Several people SAW us constantly together during the restraining order.
The hillsborough county florida victims assistance advocate, and the states attorney BOTH knew all about it!
Yet, getting their conviction was more important then examining the facts of this case.

IMHO, the facts are "If she was so "scared" of me, why was she still with me, during all of this ?

Right now, in my town, I am a stalker, as far as many are concerned.

I hope to show on my blog, that she is a liar, and prove it with facts.
IOW, tell and SHOW the truth, backed up with facts!

Were you convicted of something?
Yes, well, I was so overcharged, and bond was set at 200,000.00, that I was facing financial ruin sitting in jail.
I was charged with 12 violations of a restraining order basically, but in tampa, the third violation is upgraded to felony aggravated stalking!
So, I faced two felony aggravated stalkings, and 8 misdemeanors.
I was looking at 10 years in Prison, and NEVER harmed her in any way, except to call her, while she was calling me!

It is my opinion, something is wrong with a Law designed to "protect" a woman, that allows her to sleep, live, eat, work for me during a restraining order, but arrests me when ever she sees fit ?

That is exactly what happened to me!

Yes, my stupidity, I already know.

I am currently on 3 years misdemeanor probation, and the no contact order is still in place.

Yah, this seems to happen all the time. The law is in favor of women in a lot of ways, sentencing, child custody cases, and as you are now aware, restraining orders/etc.

Yah, this seems to happen all the time. The law is in favor of women in a lot of ways, sentencing, child custody cases, and as you are now aware, restraining orders/etc.
There is msomething wrong with a law that grants a woman a restraining order, based on her fear, yet when she demonstrates she is not scared of you by living with you, contacting you, etc, etc, you can still go to jail!

I have always thought that restraining orders should be a two way street. If you don't want him around you, then you should not voluntarily be around him.

I have always thought that restraining orders should be a two way street. If you don't want him around you, then you should not voluntarily be around him.
Exactly!
How can you swear under oath, you need protection, yet have a relationship while a restraining order in still in place ?
This is what the victims assistance advocates and man hater groups do to a woman.
I will admit to yellaing at her, a time or two, but never in a threatening manner.
And NEVER did i put my hands on her, or hurt her in any way physically.

I am convinced she was coached into deceiving me, so I would violate the restraining order enough times to be sent to Prison!

I THOUGHT that the States Attorney in Hillsborough County Florida would see through this crap, and not prosecute me.
How wrong I was !

This law must be changed!

I am all for protecting women.

But IMHO, a restraining order shouild be declared null and void the minute she contacted me, much less moved IN with me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back