Autoshop Repair Taking over 3 Months

jame_guy

Jurisdiction
California
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me on this one?

I brought my prius to MAACO Collision Repairs 3 months ago for accident repair. Car hit a pole. Initial estimate was 3 weeks requesting about $6500 for repairs. It is now 3 months later and they still haven't fixed the car and during the 3 months they called me 6 to 7 times telling me it's ready for pick up, then cancelling last minute telling me something else went wrong.

The car itself was purchased used at $14,000. What can I do at this point? I really feel like I'm being scammed by this autobody shop. Can I just abandon my car to them? I didn't sign any agreements or anything.

Is your insurance involved?

If you fail to pay for repairs the vehicle will likely eventually be transferred to the mechanic, but you don't want that to happen as it would harm your credit.

Your insurance should be involved. You will need more information about the delays. Due to the lengthy delay and the reason for it you may be able to negotiate the amount owed.

There's no insurance. Because my insurance only covered the other side. I was told to contact Bureau of Automotive Repairs to file a claim.

Back