Automobile Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlynad

I need to know if there is any chance of me getting my down payment back on a used truck I purchased at a buy here pay here dealership. My vehicle was purchased on November 21, 2008 and 2 days later it sparked from under the hood, went completely dead, and within minutes was smoke filled and then went up into flames...a total loss on my part. Now I informed the dealership in person the very next day, 24th of November, and I spoke with the office manager, I was told that he would transfer my downpayment to another vehicle but my funds were non refundable. The vehicle was also sold AS IS but I really need to know if I have a leg to stand on. I have missed several days of work due to lack of transportation or should I say NO transportation. The car is being paid off by my insurance..I did sign a promissary note for an additional $300 towards my down payment which is what this dealer is still looking for. He also NOW says if he puts my down payment towards another vehicle that he loses out with no concern about my loss. Is there anything I can do? I just want my $1200 back so that can move on.

Where are you located?

-Nick

http://www.lemonlaw.com/pa-lemon-law.html
-and-
1-800-LEMON-LAW (1-800-536-6652)

This information applies to the PA lemon law. I would suggest calling the number and telling them about what happened and see what they say.
Good luck.

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back