Auto repair taking excessive amount of time.

Whotheguy

Jurisdiction
Arizona
My question involves court procedures for the state of: Arizona

Auto repair facility towed my vehicle on August 9th for repair. At that time I mentioned I wasn't in too big of a hurry. My first mistake. Almost 2 weeks later still no diagnosis on vehicle had been done. I stopped in unexpected on the 22nd, he has the engine torn down and we discuss the repair and I told him I would get the parts. I ordered the parts that day, $1800 worth. Parts ship the 25th and I finally get them Sep 1st and drop them off the next day, Friday the 2nd. Don't hear from him for weeks. I txt him Sep 16th asking when it will be done, he says next week. Next week comes and goes, no contact from him. Oct 6 I txt him saying this needs to be done. He never replies. I stop in the next day, he says vehicle is back together but engine still isn't running right but will be done the 10th-11th and he would call me. I asked him to give me his word, and he did. The 10th-11th came, no contact from him. I stop in on Oct 14th, he's not in, leave a msg, he actually calls me that day saying he thinks the valve in the head is sticking, gonna have to have another head put on. Said it would be done next week, 17th-21st. That week went by, no contact again. I txt him Oct 25th, he replied-you will have it this week. That was last week, still have not heard from him. I actually drove by the shop Tue and Thur of last week, truck was in the lot, in the same spot both days.

They sent me an invoice Aug 19th for $1200 to be paid in cash at the time of picking up the vehicle after the repair is done. I've not paid them anything, just bought the parts.

Sorry for the long story, but it was important to define the timeframe.

What would be my recourse?

Back