Auto Loans Auto Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

baapimoss

My jurisdiction is: fFL

I need quick advice please. On 10/18/08, I had taken my son to purchase a car at a well known dealership. I was asked to co-sign because of his income. I did advise the dealership that I had just purchased a used car 2 months ago that I am financing. We were approved (so we thought) for the car and signed all the necessary paperwork with the name of the company that was going to finance the vehicle. My son wrote a check for $1100.21 as a down payment and we were able to take the car home. The next day (Sunday), we received a call that there was a problem with the check (told because he didn't write many checks and the system wouldn't clear it) we needed to bring a cashier's check or cash on Monday. I took them $1100.21 in cash and asked for a receipt. He said that the sales agreement was the receipt. On Tuesday, we received another call from the dealership (after I placed the car on my insurance with the finance company's name as the lien holder) stating that the finance company did not approve the loan and I needed to try and get a loan through my credit union. I already have a loan with a finance company for my Toyota and am sure that I will not be approved for a second loan for a car. What are my options? Do I have to return the car, or are they obligated to stick to the signed contract. They even have the percentage that I have to pay on the car to the finance company on the contract. How could this not be approved if it's all in the contract? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back