Auto Insurance NOW have warrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

christylynn

06/10/10 pulled over by Missouri State Hwy Patrol. Issued citation for financial respon. (showed exp ins. card). Court date set 09/16/10. In between that time I had tried to get Insurance, ended up going to court (no atty) w/o proof of insurance. Judge sets court date 10/21/10, tells me I need to come back w/ atty. Well about 1wk to 1 1/2wks later, my insurance policy (that I thought didn't go through) shows up! Policy took effect 12:01am on 09/16 (morning of court). Well I look on case net and 8 days after I had court, it shows a warrent was issued 10-INFJO-96 for fail to abide order/ failure to obey judge!!! Before I found this out I had went down to the court house to see if I could show that I had/have ins and naturally no one could help me they just give me a number to call. Why did I get a warrent!!! Public Def's won't do Insurance cases, I don't know what to do.

06/10/10 pulled over by Missouri State Hwy Patrol. Issued citation for financial respon. (showed exp ins. card). Court date set 09/16/10. In between that time I had tried to get Insurance, ended up going to court (no atty) w/o proof of insurance. Judge sets court date 10/21/10, tells me I need to come back w/ atty. Well about 1wk to 1 1/2wks later, my insurance policy (that I thought didn't go through) shows up! Policy took effect 12:01am on 09/16 (morning of court). Well I look on case net and 8 days after I had court, it shows a warrent was issued 10-INFJO-96 for fail to abide order/ failure to obey judge!!! Before I found this out I had went down to the court house to see if I could show that I had/have ins and naturally no one could help me they just give me a number to call. Why did I get a warrent!!! Public Def's won't do Insurance cases, I don't know what to do.

Show up for court on 10/21 with proof of your current insurance and this should all go away. You may still pay some fines but other than that you will be fine. Good luck.

1 more thing, in the days leading up to your court date lay low and make sure you obey all traffic laws while driving so you don't get pulled over. If in fact there is a warrant out for your arrest weather its by mistake or not a officer would be forced to take you in then you have to worry about your time and $ to bail out.

couple more things, if you wouldn't mind. 1) the judge said I should show back up w/ an atty. Should I? I am already on probation for dating a loser! (lesson learned in life!) even though I do have insurance? 2) Why would the judge of issued a warrent for my arrest when I showed up to court?

couple more things, if you wouldn't mind. 1) the judge said I should show back up w/ an atty. Should I? I am already on probation for dating a loser! (lesson learned in life!) even though I do have insurance? 2) Why would the judge of issued a warrent for my arrest when I showed up to court?

If you can afford a lawyer then I would. If you can not the court will appoint you one if the matter is no longer just the no insurance thing. The judge may have issued a warrant for (like you said) failure to obey judges order but if thats the case then that should have shown up when you went to the courthouse inquiring if you could just show them you had proof of insurance. Also I dont think the judge would have giving you another court date and let you walk out if he/she were going to toss you in the slammer. Like I said, show up for court with your proof of insurance and this should all go away...Good luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back