Aunt Trying To Get Visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyMarie

My jurisdiction is: PA

I am new here to these forums and I am staying positive that I can get some legal advice on this situation.

I live in Pennsylvania and have a 6 yo niece that unless I travel to see her, I would never see her and have a relationship with her. The excuses my sister and her husband use are such things as that it is better to come up here to see her cause she has toys, etc, etc. Also that I live in a townhome community where there are maybe 2-3 minority families that also call home and they dislike that for some reason, etc. The excuses go on and on and I am tired of it!!!! BUT.....my sister has no problem driving 25 minutes for my niece to spend time with her grandmother...a young and mobile grandmother who drives and still works part time. It is not like she is bed ridden.

My sister needs to become a responsible parent, period! It is her responsibility to make sure that her daughter has a relationship with her aunt (me). It is not mine. She needs to make sacrifices and travel down here so we can visit but she does not. In the past 4 years, I can count on my right hand how many times she has visited me. To prove a point, the last time I saw my niece was when I was there for Christmas....4 months ago and my sister has not come down here or even mentioned it.

I tried to go through the county family court but they said they only deal with custody and I do not want custody. I want a court ordered visitation where my sister HAS to get off her butt and start being a responsibile parent and travel down to my residence so I can see my niece.

Advice needed :confused:

Are you serious? Why don't you have your own kids? Why is it your sister's responsibility to make sure her kids go to PA to see you?

Are you serious? Why don't you have your own kids? Why is it your sister's responsibility to make sure her kids go to PA to see you?

Was there ever a time where I said that my sister lives out of state? It really doesn't matter if she lives 15 minutes or 45 minutes away....it is the whole point that she is selfish and if it is not her way, it is no way. I just pity my niece, period! And who are you to say that why don't I have my own kids? How do you know I don't?

I am looking for legal advice and obviously you don't have any.

Last edited:
Was there ever a time where I said that my sister lives out of state? It really doesn't matter if she lives 15 minutes or 45 minutes away....it is the whole point that she is selfish and if it is not her way, it is no way. I just pity my niece, period! And who are you to say that why don't I have my own kids? How do you know I don't?

LEGALLY you have ABSOLUTELY no standing AT ALL. LEGALLY you need a serious reality check. Your sister has absolutely no obligation to bring HER CHILD to visit with you. NOT. AT. ALL.

Frankly if I were your sister I wouldn't allow you within a mile of my child. You seriously need to seek a mental health evaluation. Good luck with that.

LEGALLY you have ABSOLUTELY no standing AT ALL. LEGALLY you need a serious reality check. Your sister has absolutely no obligation to bring HER CHILD to visit with you. NOT. AT. ALL.

Frankly if I were your sister I wouldn't allow you within a mile of my child. You seriously need to seek a mental health evaluation. Good luck with that.

GEEZ....No wonder your rep power on this site is ZERO!!! LMFAO....this site is a joke and so are you guyz.....plus I have standing BIGTIME....just goes to show how much you guys know :roflmao:

GEEZ....No wonder your rep power on this site is ZERO!!! LMFAO....this site is a joke and so are you guyz.....plus I have standing BIGTIME....just goes to show how much you guys know :roflmao:

Okay, I'll bite... What is your legal standing?

Oh, and BTW, rep power is largely a measure of how many posts one has. New members start at zero, but that DOESN'T mean that a new member doesn't know the law.

Okay, I'll bite... What is your legal standing?

Oh, and BTW, rep power is largely a measure of how many posts one has. New members start at zero, but that DOESN'T mean that a new member doesn't know the law.

Exactly...I am new to THIS site but a Senior Member on several other sites.

And AUNTS have ZERO standing to sue for visitation. ESPECIALLY since the mother has made the child available to you for visitation....AT HER HOME. There is no PA statute or case law that would grant you visitation rights. Period.

Post the statute for PA and case law that would back up your assertion.

Please don't ruin my fun... I want to know what kind of standing she thinks she has.:D

:p:p

You can still have fun...Think of the OP running around town paying for consults with attorney after attorney trying to find one that will tell her what she wants to hear...AND THEN imagine her reaction to the cost of such a suit...(50K)...And THEN imagine the look on her face when the mother of this child files a motion to dismiss for lack of statutory standing and for mothers legal expenses to be paid by OP due to her frivolous suit...AND THEN the look on her face when her case is soundly dismissed...AND THEN imagine the OP's constipated expression when said mother says "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY KIDS!"....And THEN....lol...;)

As an aunt you have ZERO rights to visitation, especially under this circumstance. Your demands are unreasonable and it is no wonder mom wants nothing to do with you. You will get laughed out of the courtroom if you ask for visitation and demand mom bring the child to you. That is totally ridiculous, assuming your posts are actually real and you are not just trying to stir something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back