Attorney seeking Motion for New Trial Advice

mmc0125

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Hello Legal Community - I am a young attorney working on a project and am wondering if any lawyers in Massachusetts (or other jurisdictions) have sample motions for new trial that they would be willing to share with me. I am predominantly looking for thoughts on formatting and style more than research, so heavy redactions would be perfectly fine of course. I am focusing on ineffective assistance of counsel, but motions for new trial based on other grounds would also be helpful. Thank you!

Hello Legal Community - I am a young attorney working on a project and am wondering if any lawyers in Massachusetts (or other jurisdictions) have sample motions for new trial that they would be willing to share with me. I am predominantly looking for thoughts on formatting and style more than research, so heavy redactions would be perfectly fine of course. I am focusing on ineffective assistance of counsel, but motions for new trial based on other grounds would also be helpful. Thank you!
And you don't know any attorney's in MA. that could help you with this? Did you read the notice at the bottom of the (every) page?

I am a young attorney working on a project

Are you licensed to practice law in MA?

Did you NOT take criminal procedure, civil procedure, or legal writing classes?

Are you a 2L or 3L working under the tutelage of your law school professor and licensed attorneys doing "pro bono" or "scholarly" work for law school credit?

wondering if any lawyers in Massachusetts (or other jurisdictions) have sample motions for new trial

I find this admission to be stunningly sad because a person's freedom is in your hands.

Perhaps you might reveal your personal shortcomings to your superior before your actions lead to another "IAC" allegation.

I think the best thing you could do for your client is to tell him/her that they would be vastly better off with some (any) other attorney representing them. After that, you should request a refund from your school and find a new line of work.

I am a young attorney working on a project and am wondering if any lawyers in Massachusetts (or other jurisdictions) have sample motions for new trial

Many of the folks who post here regularly are not lawyers (some of whom have already provided you with some inane responses) and, as far as I know, none of the lawyers who post here regularly are in Mass. Also, I believe most of the lawyers who post here regularly don't practice criminal law.

Does your boss know you go to the internet to get people to do your work for you?

Looking for sample motions is hardly asking others "to do your work for you." In the case of "a young attorney," looking at sample motions is an invaluable learning tool.

Looking for sample motions is hardly asking others "to do your work for you." In the case of "a young attorney," looking at sample motions is an invaluable learning tool.
What are the law schools coming to when "a young attorney" thinks that this type of forum is the appropriate place to look for guidance on a case that he is working on?

What are the law schools coming to when "a young attorney" thinks that this type of forum is the appropriate place to look for guidance on a case that he is working on?

I recall learning that any source of information can be a good source. I get useful stuff from all sorts of oddball places. I certainly agree that the OP isn't going to find what he/she seeks at a forum like this, but there's absolutely no harm in asking.

Back