Attorney poor representation

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsters5

I was accused of a hit and run. I hired an attorney and paid him upfront. He did not make me aware of the court dates(3 different times). Everytime that I got noticed of a missed court date, I would call him many times with no call back. He then called me one day and stated that he settled it down to a traffic forfeiture. After a couple of days, I got a letter in the mail stating I was guilty due to no appearance. I called my attorney, and again he did not return my call. I filed a motion to vacate, and it was approved. The day before the hearing, my attorney called me and I asked him for a refund of some of the money because of his poor representation. He then tried to trap me by saying, "So what you're saying is if I give you some money, this all goes away." I said, "No, I feel you owe me some money because you did not do your job as originally stated." The next day, I went into his office and he threatened me by saying he secretly taped our conversation, and if I don't retract my statements in the motion to vacate at the hearing, he was going to get his attorneys and sue me. Before we went into court he said that we would accept the plea because we came to an agreement, and after that we would talk about a refund. Now fearful of what would happen(he would sue me and it would cost me more money) if I told the judge the truth, I accepted the plea at the hearing. Now I have a complaint against him with the Office of Lawyer Reg., and he is lying about everything. What can I do? It just seems he can lie his way through this. Now my car insurance has jumped way up because I didn't even get a chance to fight this case. Please help!

Why are we all not giving the lawyers names? The last of the untouchables. They lie, cheat and steal usually after you've just gotten lied cheated and stolen from. You would say the name of a babysitter, doctor, mechanic,etc of someone you weren't happy with and not honestly sharing our experiences with SPECIFIC lawyers, we let them get away with their abuse (that's just what it is) and continue on to their next victim. Try to find a lawyer who will sue another lawyer, try to find a lawyer who will even speak badly of another lawyer. They have to blatantly break criminal law before the state bar will do ANYTHING! It's time we all hit them where it hurts them the most..in their wallets and the court of public opinion. Check the laws of your state and surreptitiously record all sessions with them. Trust nothing they say, only what's in writing. The good ones should stand-up, cause the bad ones taint them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back