Attorney misconduct

Officegator

Jurisdiction
California
This attorney was contacted by my attorney that my cell phone was left inside the home I was evicted from. That attorney picked up the phone and refused to return the phone for two months and the fee for all the phone calls requesting the phone be returned amounted to $900. This law office also contacted my attorney numerous times claiming they were considering settling. That amounted to $3000 in worthless phone conversations. My $15,000 retainer was gone before the first hearing. Should my phone had been returned with one phone call, should the settlement conversations ended with the first $1,000 should my attorney warned me what kind of charges I should expect for my phone calls to her?

All I can tell you is that something really weird happened.
This does not seen like something that should have involved attorneys at all.

Your retainer was gone before the first hearing? Hearing for what??
Why did you not just go pick up the phone?

All I can tell you is that something really weird happened.
This does not seen like something that should have involved attorneys at all.

Your retainer was gone before the first hearing? Hearing for what??
Why did you not just go pick up the phone?
Does it matter hearing for what? a court hearing. dont involve attorneys.!!!! I am not allowed to call the attorney for the other side. Only my attorney can make that call.

It seems the issue over the phone is tied to something else. If you don't want to divulge that information that is fine, and probably best for you.

My point was that there is no reason the attorney should have ever had the phone. Had I left my phone somewhere I doubt I would have called an attorney. I would have gone back to get it, or sent someone, or at least contacted the landlord/owner and made arrangements.

Back