attorney & i spoke with investigator

Status
Not open for further replies.

toureg

my attorney & I spoke with a investigator and provided them with all documents to show i owned product i was accused of stealing. how long does an investigation take? it's been about a week and the investigator has not contacted partied involved. does a investigator and DA want to filed charges on a case that has no physical evidence, no eye witnesses and the accussed has documentation showing i own the items

It's hard to say a length of time. They are going to have other cases, some of which are more serious, and will take priority. Also, they may already realize that you were not in the wrong given the documentation provided, and may just need to verify it, but also may get around to it when they get around to it.

I'm also going to second what was asked. Were you arrested?

i was not arrested and as of today i know the detective did not called the company who wrote the letter comfirming the gave me product. i was in trouble over 15 years ago, would the detective look at that as well to determine if some is there or is it simply the current case and the cuurent facts on hand? My attorney and the other persons attorney tell us that we have documentation and that they have no evidence what so ever. even when you did not steal, it's hard sometimes to prove you didn't do something. when is it too soon to present a civil compromise to make this headache go away? it's difficult to think to work to enjoy everyday life with this hanging over you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back