Attorney did nothing then withdrew from case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

highrisk

My son hired a attorney in a vandalsim case his 1 st case ever anyways we hired a attorney the attorney ask $ 1800.00 to represent up until trial but assured it would not go that far. the case got bound to superior court and the attorney asked for $9500.00 more then withdrew himself from the case.He did absoultly nothing to get the sentence reduced as a matter of fact he didnt show up for court 2x's my son's co-defendent's attorney stood in for him. We feel like this attorney riped us off what can we do..:no:

Send the attorney a certified letter demanding that he return your money or you will file a bar complaint. In the mean time I would find another attorney to represent your son. Your son's defense can not wait for this to be straighted out. Your son can make a deal right up to the minute before the Judge rules on his case so do not think it is too late. A vandalism charge is not so serious that you should have to go to court for it. Get it solved with diversion or something of the sort and get your money back from the attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back