Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Attempted possessions but did i lose my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmycat

I was recently stopped by Arizona Border Patrol and was charged with attempted possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. When in holding I requested a lawyer for my friend and I, the border patrol told me I did not need one and never allowed me to call anyone till we signed the ticket. Before we signed the ticket he told us he is going to either give us both a ticket or one, and that one would be cheaper but he is going to go away and when he comes back he is only going to ask once. I continued to ask for a lawyer and he still advised me that I did not need one and that I can call as many as I would like but they wont help. Continuing to ask for one and he still said the same thing and I can call them when I leave. When he came back and read his speech I took the ticket but I feel I was mislead into signing it and that he took advantage of my ignorance on the topic. Also when he asked to search the car the owner of the car said no but he said they were just being nice for asking. Is anything he did legal or did he falsely lead me to incriminate myself? Please help, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back