Attacked by western dental employee

Rell951

Jurisdiction
California
I was requesting to have my papers transferred to another office because
I didnt like the way the office I was at was treating me so I asked for the papers I sign to transfer and they treated me very rude so I pulled out my phone to record and the lady behind the desk grabbed my arm bending my wrist to take my phone is it possible to sue western dental?

I was requesting to have my papers transferred to another office because
I didnt like the way the office I was at was treating me so I asked for the papers I sign to transfer and they treated me very rude so I pulled out my phone to record and the lady behind the desk grabbed my arm bending my wrist to take my phone is it possible to sue western dental?

You better betcha you can sue for the rudeness and the attack.

Dang, wish it would been me.

I've been waiting for the BIG lawsuit.

You've hit the jackpot, buddy.

Talk to a couple personal injury lawyers near you.

Once you lay out all the details, show your injuries, they'll be begging you to hire them.

Dang, you're so lucky.

Story of my loser life.

is it possible to sue

Of course it is. Anyone can sue anyone for anything.

However, having the ability to sue has nothing to do with the chances of success.

Do you have a valid claim against the business entity you mentioned? No, you don't. For starters, you didn't tell us what happened as a result of this employee "grabb[ing] [your] arm [and] bending [your] wrist." We know nothing about your size or the size of the employee who did this. Maybe your wrist was broken; maybe you suffered no damages whatsoever.

Even if you don't have any real damages, you could still sue for assault and battery (in addition to being crimes, they are also civil causes of action). Based on what you wrote, you could get a judgment against the employee for nominal damages and punitive damages. Maybe you get a judgment for a few thousand dollars. Congratulations.

You'll note that I wrote that you might get a judgment against the employee. Employers are generally not liable for intentional torts committed by their employees. The only exception I know of would not apply in this case.

The more sensible thing to do would be to make a complaint to the owner of the particular franchise dentist you visited and to the franchisor's corporate office. Maybe you can succeed in getting this woman fired. Again, congratulations.

Back