assumable mortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_h

hi.
i live in Indiana. in 1996 my girlfriend and i purchased a mobile home together and financed it through greentree. about 4 years ago we split up, she left and took bankruptcy. i kept making the payments. then about a year later i had some health problems and would get behind but kept catching up and then falling behind again. when i call greentree about setting up a payment the first thing they say is "what are your intentions with this mobile home" when i ask why do you ask they say because she filed bankruptcy i was supposed to reaffirm, shouldn't they have sent me a letter or something. 3 times i had someone lined up to assume the mortgage but they say they won't do that, even though it is clearly stated in my contract that someone can assume it. can they do this?
also twice now they have told me that if i miss even one payment they can take my home, in addition the last customer service rep i talked to repeated this and added "on the other side of the coin i could just walk away and leave it because it (the mobile home) is in bankruptcy and they could not come after me for the balance.
any advice would be apprecited
thank you
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back