Assult with a deadly wheapon

Door stygler

Jurisdiction
California
I was wondering is it possible to leave a court hearing on a restraining order and be denied.yet get one active the same day the judge denied it?

• How does a restraining order work.i have had the neighbor straight lie to the cops and has called at least #0 times on me and I have done absolutely nothing.but they say I could be arrested.heis going beyond the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're you served a restraining order or just told of one?
If you have not been served a restraining order it is not in effect if it exists. You can contact your local sheriff and ask them to check records in your name.

Yes- it is possible to get one same day, especially if there was some occurrence after the order was denied in court.

What do they allege you have done that would cause arrest?

I was wondering is it possible to leave a court hearing on a restraining order and be denied.yet get one active the same day the judge denied it?

• How does a restraining order work.i have had the neighbor straight lie to the cops and has called at least #0 times on me and I have done absolutely nothing.but they say I could be arrested.heis going beyond the effort.

Until you KNOW for sure if such an order exists, do YOURSELF a solid and stay at least 1,000 feet away from the other party(ies) and DO NOT make contact in any other fashion with him/her/them including by CARRIER PIGEON!

I assume the period between the words "denied" and "yet" was a typo.

Even at that, the question doesn't make much sense. You're asking if it's possible for a restraining order to be both denied and granted? What does that mean?

How does a restraining order work.

A restraining order is a court order that prohibits a person from doing one or more things. Any sort of exhaustive discussion would be way beyond the scope of a message board.

Back