Association fails to repair AC Stands affecting the replacement of my AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycamejo

My jurisdiction is: Miami-Dade County, FL

My A/C Broke over 45 days ago. I began my search for a licensed A/C replacement company. The two companies told me that the stands which the units sit on are bad and need to be put up to code. My unit along with 3 others are sitting on a stand with cinder blocks. I sent the association an email they didn't respond. I called and spoke with the manager and he suggested I went to the meeting. They didn't put me on the agenda as I had requested. The president briefly spoke about it but stated that he wasn't going to get into it. At the end of the meeting they stated they would look into the issue and get back to me in 2weeks. Two weeks past and nothing was done. I sent a certified letter stating that I was going to place my own individual unit. I received a letter stating not to proceed. I sent another letter stating I need a response regarding when the stand was going to be replaced. I received an email one week later stating they would replace the stands. Its one week past that email and I have no response and no one can tell me when the stand will be replaced. I have had no A/C for over a month. What should be my next step of recourse? File suite? Report them to the county?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back