Association Due, now Court date

Status
Not open for further replies.

niu78

I live in an association with a Townhome monthly fee, and a Master Association Master Fee. I live in Illinois.

I never received any acknowledgements of a master fee for $100.00 annually. Never received a due date.

A few weeks ago I received a summons for $400+, from the association. After calling and emailing I finally found out about the master fee.

My defense is that I never received any documentation, any letters, any phone calls, or well anything about this due.

The association claims and emailed me letters, and a certified letter from the lawyer where they say they attempted to notifiy me and collect the past due. I never received any of these letters, and never signed for a certified letter.

The issue of the $100.00 is not a problem, and I would happily pay. However, I have a court date for $400 + court fees, for the late fee, and legal fees, are a major problem.

Can anyone help me out with this defense. I have complained to the Management company and strongly stated that I never received any letters, which is 100% true. But they still insist that I am somehow responsibile for the legal fees.

Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back